"We do hereby form ourselves into an association for the development of the nobler powers of the mind, the finer feelings of the heart, and for the promotion of friendship and congeniality of feeling."
Alpha Nu Parent's Club
Sigma Chi Parents Weekend Events
Cocktails and Buffet Dinner at the Sigma Chi Fraternity House.
2701 Nueces St. Austin, 78705
Introduction of the Spring Pledge Class
Mother's Luncheon at the Kerr's House @ 12:00pm;
2404 Briargrove Dr. Austin, 78704
Father & Son UT Baseball Game vs OU @ 2:45pm
Family Dinner at the Saltlick BBQ @ 5:45pm
The Alpha Nu Parents' Club of Sigma Chi was established in the spring of 2011. Its purpose is to provide parental support for the fraternity through the contribution of time, resources and/or finances. To this end, Parents' Club helps parents meet and connect with one another and encourages positive feelings toward the fraternity.
In just 6 months, Parents' Club has made a great deal of progress toward achieving its goals. Dues collected last spring were used to help underwrite the Sigma Chi parents' weekend Poker Night and Mothers’ Dinner where parents had an opportunity to meet and form friendships. Donations also enabled Parents Club to make a contribution to the House Corp for the purchase of new ceramic dishes, bowls, flatware, and plastic tumblers. Previously, the chapter used paper plates and plastic ware.
All parents are invited to join the Alpha Nu Parents Club for the 2012-2013 school year. The annual dues are $50 and are collected at the beginning of each fall semester. Your contribution may be mailed (check payable to Alpha Nu Parents' Club) with the membership form (PDF), or using a credit card through Paypal.
Parents' club is planning to sponsor the following activities during the 2012-2013 school year.
1. Academic Achievement Recognition Dinner On September 26, parent volunteers presented a gift to each active who earned a 3.5 GPA or higher. We would like to maintain this as a chapter tradition to encourage academic achievement each semester.
2. UT Family Weekend A “meet and greet” over coffee will be held at the Sigma Chi house on October 22 for parents who are attending this UT event.
3. Sigma Chi’s Parent's Weekends The fall parents' weekend will be held October 5-6, 2011. The weekend includes a friday dinner and a tailgate on Saturday before the UT football game. If you are interested in tickets for this game, contact Tommy Meehan at thomasmeehan(dot)tx(at)gmail(dot)com. Dates for the spring parents' weekend will be announced.
4. Senior Night This is a new event that will take place in May, the week of graduation for seniors and their families as well as actives in the chapter. Seniors will share special memories; Parents will present the seniors with a gift and help coordinate refreshments.
5. Parents' Club Directory The first directory was completed in June 2011 and is giving parents the opportunity to stay connected throughout the school year. Updates will occur each semester. If you would like to be added to the directory, please contact Cari Poradish at cporadish(at)gmail(dot)com.
6. Parents' Club Gift Unspent dues as well as money collected through additional fundraising will be used to purchase one or more items for the fraternity. This will be coordinated with the chapter’s board.
In lieu of planning a fundraiser/auction, we are also asking parents to consider making a voluntary donation to The Sigma Chi House Furnishings Fund to help with continued house improvements. This new fund will help pay for items that have been strongly requested by the Chapter as immediate needs. In its short existence, the Furnishings Fund has contributed to a security gate and fence, new furniture in the living room, and additional landscaping improvements. This donation is completely optional and not required to become a member of the Parents Club.
We welcome any ideas and thoughts you might have about Parents' Club. If you would like to take a more active role in Parents' Club and/or you have additional resources to offer, please contact us.
Parents Club Co-Chairs:
Evette Richardson email@example.com and
Kim King firstname.lastname@example.org